The Judah Worship and Fine Arts School (JWFA) is an outreach ministry that will provide instructional teaching in the performing arts with Christ as its core focus in an effort to advance the Kingdom of God by equipping and mobilizing worship leaders, musicians and dancers to go and shape their culture and their generation through community outreach.
JWFA's course offerings include beginning, intermediate and advanced ballet, modern, lyrical, jazz, African, hip hop and inspirational praise dance. We also provide fitness training and a leadership curriculum focused on all forms of worship media training to assist houses of Worship and organizations.
JWFA's focused clientele are those in the inner city desiring a deeper understanding of their call in the ministry of fine arts. We are centered on providing our services to low income families, individuals with physical disabilities, senior citizens, church congregations and other community organizations, such as schools, community organizations, after school programs and recreation centers. Our aim is to offer affordable classes that will educate and empower the community to transform themselves and others through the ministry of fine arts.
"JWFA will set a paradigm within the community that attracts individuals locally, nationally and internationally exalting Jesus Christ, using various forms of worship arts to evangelize and encourage the community and exalt Jesus Christ, with a contemporary approach through an elevated praise and worship, and liberate the body of believers.
With our course offerings, our aim is to do the following:
· Teach biblical history as it relates to creative arts;
· Demonstrate leadership, mentorship and discipleship;
· Continue to grow in God's word personally and corporately as a creative artist;
· Provide discipline in a structured environment;
· Improve fitness and enhance self-esteem; and· Motivate students to think and learn"
What Drives Us
Every component of the Judah Worship and Fine Arts School is designed to benefit all of human-kind by providing an encouraging environment to foster student's spiritual growth and development using the creative arts with an end result of making them whole, physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. This growth will equip them to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:16-20, to "go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teaching these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
The initial funding required to develop and implement the services of Judah Worship and Fine Arts School is $150,000 for initial start up expenditures such as payroll, office supplies, marketing materials and initial organizational costs (i.e., legal fees, state incorporation fees, and deposits),"Take heed to the ministry which you have received in the Lord that you may fulfill it" ~ Colossians 4:17
The Judah Worship and Fine Arts School (JWFA) is an outreach ministry that provides instructional teaching in the creative arts with Christ as its core focus."According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body" ~ Philippians 1:20 KJV
The JWFA Board of Directors currently consists of (4) members:
President/CEO - Min. Cynthia Terry-Holmes
· Brief Bio - Licensed Minister of dance and Founder of the Judah Worship and Fine Arts School (# of years), Co-founder, Choreographer and Teacher during her tenure at Friendship – West Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas (# of years), Adult Dance Instructor for the National Baptist Congress (# of years), State Coordinator for the Eagle International Training Institute (EITI) for dance ministers and EITI Workshop Coordinator (# of years), Choreographer, Minister and Teacher for celebrity weddings, television programs and various international conferences in Europe, Australia, Central America and the Caribbean, Choreographer and Teacher for various schools and dance groups in the DFW area, Volunteer Minister and Dance Teacher for the female inmates at Caswell Federal Prison, Teacher, Facilitator and Dancer for various dance groups, various church wide and organizational retreats, banquets and other conference events (# of years), and serves as Mentor of several teachers, choreographers and ministry leaders locally, nationally and internationally (3 of years).
Vice President - Pastor Ricky Holmes
· Brief Bio - Pastoral Care (3 years), Youth Leader (5 years), Prayer Leader (6 years), National Vice President of Christian Employee Resource Group (2 years), Representative for American Airlines Diversity Advisory Board for Christian Employee Resource Group (2 years), Evangelistic Mentor/Leadership Support for Christian Employee Resource Group to American Airlines employees nationwide (5 years), Technician (22 years), President/Chairperson for Christian Employee Resource Group (3 years), Coordinator of Christian Prayer Conference for Christian Employee Resource Group in Tucson, Arizona (1 year), Coordinator/Facilitator for Bogota, Columbia Missionary Trip (1 year) and Coordinator and Facilitator for Christian Prayer Conference for Christian Employee Resource Group in Miami, Florida (1 year).
Creative Director - Tonesha E. Winters
· Brief Bio - holds an Associate’s Degree in Arts from Tarrant County College and a Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Communication from the University of Texas at Arlington. Lead Teacher and Creative Director for the Judah Worship and Fine Arts School (# of years), Founder of Blaze of Glory Ministries (BGM) a youth mentorship and leadership skills program (7 years), Instructor for the National Baptist Congress Dance Ministry Department (# of years), Founder of a promotional company, G.R.A.C.E. (God’s Renowned and Creative Entertainment), uniting all aspects of the arts to lead others to recognize, nurture, and utilize their gifts for the high calling of Christ. Currently enrolled in the Eagles International Institute for dance ministers, an in-depth training program for those who desire to go to the next level in their ministry and grow in their relationship with our Lord Jesus to become a licensed minister under Set Free Ministries. The anointing that is on her life will bring an increase in vision and will challenge and motivate others to be released into the destiny and purpose God has for their lives; making her primary goal to serve the body of Christ and restore the arts to its function of warfare, celebration, and intimate communication of worship to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Administrative Assistant - Alisha D. Jackson
· Brief Bio - Administrative Assistant, Office Manager and Office Clerical Support for over 16 years. Dance minister for 2 years. Recent licensed graduate of the Eagles International Training Institute (EITI) for dance ministers under Set Free Ministries. Vice President of Dance Ministry at Greater Mt. Sinai Baptist Church under Pastor, Darren Toliver.
The Judah Worship and Fine Arts School is a non profit organization owned and operated by Cynthia Terry-Holmes
The Judah Worship and Fine Arts School (JWFA) will be a part of the Christian Education Industry with emphasis in the Creative Arts. JWFA is a unique Creative Arts Educational Ministry that will set a paradigm within the community that reaches locally, nationally and internationally. We are called to educate and empower the community to transform themselves and others through the ministry of creative arts. JWFA is an outreach ministry that provides instructional teaching in the creative arts with Christ as its core focus.
Creativity and innovation are essential characteristics for employment in the global economy (National Center on Education and the Economy, 2007). Dance taught as an artistic discipline develops 21st century skills required in our workforce - such as the ability to focus; to be persistent and engaged in one's work; to exercise tolerance; cooperation and collaboration; to solve big problems and exercise critical thinking; and to be creative, imaginative, innovative, disciplined and committed (AEP ImagineNation, 2008; Research in Dance Education database, 2009).
The Judah Worship and Fine Arts School plans to market to parents of children in low income, inner city residents, in Grades K-4, Grades 5-8, Grades 9-12, adults in Higher Education, with different abilities, Seniors and Elderly, After School Programs and organizations, Local Churches and Outreach Programs within the community; male and female. Our hope is to receive grant funding to support our desire to be able to offer classes to all of our participants free of charge.
The Dance Studios industry has been positively impacted over the past five years by the popularization of dance-inspired television shows, as well as rising interest in dance as an alternate form of exercise and physical fitness. Dance in the local church is also being more widely accepted and allowed as an integral part of the overall worship experience.There are many dance schools in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex that offer traditional dance technique classes such as ballet, modern and other forms of dance. Their strength is that they are conveniently located for accessibility, but few offer classes with costs to accommodate low income families and few of these schools offer classes in other creative arts areas such as music, drama and song.
RegulationThe Judah Worship and Fine Arts School has filed a certificate of formation with the Secretary of State in accordance with the Texas Business Organizations Code as a non-profit corporation. JWFA also follows the Federal Guidelines for workplace safety standards in accordance with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration Act of 1970.